Manual Installation of the ALEKS plug-in for Java VM on Linux
To download manually the plug-in on Linux for Netscape 7.1+, or Firefox 1.0+, or Mozilla 1.6+, you will have to download the ALEKS package file and save it on your computer in the "Java VM lib/ext" directory.
For instance, with the Sun Java VM version 1.4.1, this directory is usually:
If you are unsure, please check with your system administrator.
- Point your mouse at the link below and press down your mouse left button.
- A pop-up window should appear asking you "What should Netscape do with this file?".
- In the menu choose the option "Save this file to disk" and click on "OK".
- A new window should appear to ask you where you want to save the file.
- Save the file in your home directory by clicking on the button "Save" to start the transfer.
- Open a terminal and type: (adapt the directory to your own Java VM lib/ext directory)
> su root
Password: (Type in the root password)
> cp aleksPack10.jar /usr/java/j2re1.4.1/lib/ext/
- Restart Netscape