Tips for Using ALEKS
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your time with ALEKS:
- Have a pencil and paper ready for all assessments and for use in the Learning Mode.
- Don't be afraid to try to solve a problem.
- Use ALEKS regularly. Don't try to "cram" with it.
- Don't hesitate to click on "Explain" to see a detailed explanation of the solution to a problem.
- Take advantage of the "Alternate Explanation" button (when available) to see another way of solving a problem.
- Do your own work. Getting help to solve problems will make ALEKS think you know more than you do. In the end this will cost you extra time, not less.
- Take advantage of the "Help" button for on-line help at any time.
- If you are tired, frustrated, or distracted, log out of ALEKS and come back when you are rested and ready to learn. ALEKS will take you back to where you left off.
- If you run into a problem that you just can't solve, try another topic and return later.
- Take advantage of the Review feature to look back over concepts mastered in previous sessions.
ALEKS will work with you at your own pace and give you the encouragement you need to succeed at your chosen subject.